Hard water passes through the online media tank that contains resin beads coated with sodium ions. The calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for sodium (or potassium) ions, thus softening the water. When the beads have trapped the hardness and need to be regenerated, the WS1 metered control valve charges them with the brine from the brine tank. As regeneration occurs, calcium and magnesium (hardness) ions are freed from the beads, replaced with sodium or potassium ions; and the system is ready to soften water again using the standby tank. Immediate regeneration for soft water 100% of the time.
Pro H2O Twin Alternating Softener Features:
- 6 different sizes 24,000-96,000 grains to fit your household needs.
- Alternating twin tank softener.
- 24-hour soft water.
- Meter initiated regeneration.
- System flows rates up to 28 gpm.
- Regenerates immediately when needed for continuous soft water.
- Salt and water savings by using 100% capacity of the tank in service, before switching to the second tank.
- Coin cell lithium battery back-up with an 8 hour carry over.
- Corrosion-free-fiber-reinforced polymer valve body.